"Not only is the red flower impressive, but the red stem and maculated foliage contrast the flower perfectly for an amazing plant."
— Pieter van der Lans
Calla 'Red Charm'
Plant Type: Grower Bulbs
Spectacular blood-red funnel flowers above dark green foliage with white spots and red margins, good for cut flowers and large containers, 8-10 weeks to flower.
|4869016||25||16/18cm||Please Login for Pricing|
Common Name: Zantedeshia
Calla Lilies make excellent pot or patio plants. They also grow well when transplanted into the garden, but are not hardy. Plant in well-drained soil and full sun for best growth.
NEW 'DUTCH CALLAS' FOR STRONGER STEMS, VIBRANT COLORS, LARGER FLOWERS, UPRIGHT GROWTH HABIT AND VERY FLORIFEROUS
- Pretreated Tubers: Tubers have been pre-treated with a GA dip to encourage greater and more uniform flowers. We pretreat all our tubers in the US.
- Pot Size: Plant 1x16/18cm tuber per gallon; Plant 1x20/+cm tuber per 2gallon.
- Use a well-drained potting soil with a high air porosity and a pH 6 - 6.5. Add gypsum/lime to increase pH.
- Plant tubers 1-1.5" below the soil surface, flat side up. Callas root from the top of the tuber and need sufficient soil coverage over the tuber to prevent new roots from drying out.
- Keep pots evenly moist to promote root growth, especially after potting.
- Grow Callas warm at 72-75F days. Little growth occurs at temperatures below 64F.
- Too much shade or spacing too tight will result in week stems and floppy plants.
Characteristics & Attributes
Soil Moisture Needs
Season of Interest (Flowering)