"Callas are so elegant and this is the newest color in a compact bi-color with lots of flowers."
— Pieter van der Lans
Plant Type: Grower Bulbs
Bicolor creamy-yellow flowers with violet-magenta edges, leaves are dark green, lightly spotted and have a leathery texture, 8-10 weeks to flower.
- Bicolor creamy-yellow flowers with violet-magenta edges
- 8-10 weeks to flower
- Excellent for containers
*Ships 02/03 - 07/06
|Please Login for Pricing|
Well drained potting soil with a high air porosity and a PH 6-6.5, Plant tubers 1-1.5" below soil surface, Grow warm at 72-75° days, Grow under high light intensities - full sun.
Common Name: Zantedeshia
Calla Lilies make excellent pot or patio plants. They also grow well when transplanted into the garden, but are not hardy. Plant in well drained soil and full sun for best growth.
NEW 'DUTCH CALLAS' FOR STRONGER STEMS, VIBRANT COLORS, LARGER FLOWERS, UPRIGHT GROWTH HABIT AND VERY FLORIFEROUS
- Pretreated Tubers, Tubers have been pre-treated with a GA dip to encourage greater and more uniform flowers. We pre-treat all our tubers in the US.
- Pot Size, Plant 1x16/18cm tuber per gallon, Plant 1x20/+cm tuber per 2gallon.
- Use a well-drained potting soil with a high air porosity and a pH 6 - 6.5. Add gypsum/lime to increase pH.
- Plant tubers 1-1.5" below the soil surface, flat side up. Callas root from the top of the tuber and need sufficient soil coverage over the tuber to prevent new roots from drying out.
- Keep pots envenly moist to promote root growth, especially after potting.
- Grow Callas warm at 72-75F days. Little growth occurs at temperatures below 64F.
- Too much shade or spacing too tight will result in week stems and floppy plants.
Characteristics & Attributes
Soil Moisture Needs
Season of Interest (Flowering)